Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Redman, Greg" <gr...@nasa.gov> on 2007/08/09 19:41:26 UTC

Re: "simplest" portlet

I have followed the on-line documentation at
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-simple-portlet.html

and haven't been able to get this to work.   I receive "Failed to
retrieve Portlet Definition for simplest::Simplest" in the portlet pane.

According to the message archive, this was also reported back on March
9, 2006.

Does anyone have a resolution for this error?

Greg Redman

Software / Systems Engineering

Huntsville Operations and Support Center (HOSC)

NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center

Huntsville, AL  35812

256-544-6123

Re: "simplest" portlet

Posted by Elif Guner <el...@gmail.com>.
Greg,

If you modify the psml and deploy several times make sure you change the
fragment id so that it's unique. That had caused me problems before. Also,
you should define the name as <war file name>::<porletId>
I think if your war file is simplest.war it should be simplest::Simplest
Maybe try changing the fragment id and deploy again. I know it had solved
this problem for me.

<fragment id="<unique_id>" type="portlet"
name="<warfilename>::<portlet-id>">

Also make sure there is no spelling errors in your web.xml

That's all I can remember...

Elif

RE: "simplest" portlet

Posted by "Timony, Michael" <Mi...@FMR.COM>.
Did you create the file on Windows? It looks like your deploying on
Unix, so maybe there are some hidden characters in the file that aren't
Unix friendly.  Open the file and vi and you should be able to see if
there are hidden characters.

Luck
Mick

Posted by sumeet khullar <kh...@gmail.com>.

Re: "simplest" portlet

Posted by Andrew Strickland <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: "simplest" portlet

Posted by sumeet khullar <kh...@gmail.com>.
[...]

org.apache.jetspeed.tools.deploy.JetspeedDeploy.<init>(JetspeedDeploy.java:88)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.DeployPortletAppEventListener.deployPortletApplication(DeployPortletAppEventListener.java:219)

Re: "simplest" portlet

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Re: "simplest" portlet

Posted by Brice Lambi <la...@gmail.com>.
Do you have any output in the logs?  When you deploy a portlet-app to
WEB-INF/deploy you should see a log message a few seconds later informing
you whether the deployment was successful or not.  If not, check to make
sure you have no errors in your portlet.xml file.  If it was successful,
make sure you have the portlet name correct in your psml file or try
restarting the server.  You usually shouldn't have to restart the server
when you deploy a new app but sometimes it doesn't get deployed properly.

Good luck,
Brice