Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Todd <bi...@163.com> on 2015/12/03 12:12:29 UTC

How to register permanent function during hive thrift server is running

Hi,
I am using Hive 0.14.0, and have hive thrift server running.During its running, I would use “create function” to add a permanent function,
Does hive support this **without restarting** the hive thrift server,that is, after creating the function, I will be able to use the function when I connect the hive server with jdbc?

Thanks.

Re:Re:Does Hive 0.14.0. support registering permanent function during hive thrift server is running

Posted by Todd <bi...@163.com>.

I have figured out that hive supports this.

在 2015-12-04 09:58:48,"Todd" <bi...@163.com> 写道:

Could someone help answer my question? Thanks.

Posted by "regestrer@gmail.com" <re...@gmail.com>.
I've actually had this issue, the way I solved it, I am not sure if
that's the correct way, I"ve added my function definitions to .bashrc
file in $hive_home/bin.
That file is called once before every hive session is created so you
have to create the functions as temporary functions, creating them as
permanent once will fail.

Regards,
Peter

Re: How to register permanent function during hive thrift server is running

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.
No restart of the thrift service should be required.

Alan.