Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Dakkar <da...@thenautilus.net> on 2001/10/15 17:52:56 UTC

Generating xml:lang

Hi!
I'm just starting using Cocoon2, and already having problems...

I'm trying to create a multi-lingual site.
My content files look like:

and so on.
I'v got a stylesheet for selecting the appropriate language:

<xsl:param name="lang"/>

<xsl:template match="/html">
 <xsl:copy>
  <xsl:attribute name="xml:lang"><xsl:value-of  select="$lang"/>
  </xsl:attribute>
  <xsl:apply-templates/>
 </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="@*|node()">
 <xsl:choose>
  <xsl:when test="lang($lang) or not(ancestor-or-self::*[@xml:lang])">
   <xsl:copy>
   </xsl:copy>
  </xsl:when>
  <xsl:otherwise/>
 </xsl:choose>
</xsl:template>

and the pipeline is:
<map:pipeline>
 <map:match pattern="multi/**.**.html">
  <map:generate src="multi/{1}.xml"/>
  <map:transform src="multi/xsl/langfilter.xsl">
   <map:parameter name="lang" value="{1}"/>
  </map:transform>
  <map:serialize type="xml"/>
 </map:match>
</map:pipeline>

but if I look at the output (I put the XML serializer to have direct
output) there's no "xml:lang" attribute. If I set the attribute name
to "lang" (no namespace) it works.

What's going on? Does Cocoon (Xalan?) require a namespace declaration
for "xml:" ??

Thanks for any help.

--

	Dakkar - dakkar@thenautilus.net
	<Mobilis in mobile>

"I don't know why, but first C programs tend to look a lot worse than
first programs in any other language (maybe except for fortran, but then
I suspect all fortran programs look like `firsts')"
(By Olaf Kirch)