Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Christian Heiss <Ch...@heiss-net.de> on 2001/06/06 00:06:16 UTC

problems with global.asa

Hi,

well, I'm new to Apache::ASP.

I tried to built my own header and footer to some documents.
But it doesn't work fine.

In fact, I don't know how to use the subroutines in the global.asa file.
It doesn't work if I change something in "Script_OnStart" or in "my::table"
How do I have to use this functions?
Do I have to change other things, too?

If I changed the "Script_OnFlush" this works fine, also the "$Global_Font".

But the other routines don't.

I'm using a SuSE7.0 BOX with Apache1.3.17, mod_perl1.24_01,  ASP2.11
also all optional modules are installed,

My httpd.conf is like:
<some directory ....>
  AllowOverride All
 <Files *.asp>
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler Apache::ASP
 </Files>
</Directory>

<Location /asp/>
 SetHandler perl-script
 PerlHandler Apache::ASP
 PerlSetVar Global /www/asp/global
 PerlSetVar UseStrict 1
</Location>

Thanks for the help..

Christian

Re: problems with global.asa

Posted by Joshua Chamas <ay...@yahoo.com>.
Posting your global.asa might help.
Typically, all you need to do is:

sub Script_OnStart { $Response->Include('header.inc') }
sub Script_OnEnd { $Response->Include('footer.inc') }

header.inc & footer.inc will then be executed
as ASP scripts and have their output sent with
the main script.

--Josh