Posted to apachecon-discuss@apache.org by Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org> on 2012/10/05 19:24:59 UTC

What to do in Sinsheim

Hello guys;

Don't know where to post this but the Sinsheim Museum
has some discounts for groups:

http://sinsheim.technik-museum.de/en/en/offers-groups

I have never been in Sinsheim but I am pretty sure there would be
enough people to consider a visit, unless there is something more
interesting to do between conferences (not unlikely at all).

Pedro.

Re: What to do in Sinsheim

Posted by Melissa Warnkin <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Hi guys,

Thank you so much for the information.  Can anyone else step up to the plate here and provide anymore information on what to do in Sinsheim?!?! Local bars, local eateries, tourist traps, etc.?!

Your help will be greatly appreciated!!!

~M

--

________________________________
Not too far away from Sinsheim is Hornberg Castle which belonged to
Götz von Berlichingen.
http://www.burg-hotel-hornberg.de/de/home/articles/schlossgalerie.html

Re: What to do in Sinsheim

Posted by Melissa Warnkin <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Yea, sure - why not?!

Thanks for adding that to the website!

~M

--

________________________________
Posted by Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>.

Re: What to do in Sinsheim

Re: What to do in Sinsheim

Posted by Peter Junge <pe...@gmx.org>.

Re: What to do in Sinsheim

Posted by Melissa Warnkin <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Wow, great stuff!! Many thanks to all involved in getting this information up!!

--

________________________________
Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org>.

Re: What to do in Sinsheim

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
On 16 October 2012 15:36, Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Oct 2012, Steve Holden wrote:
>>
>> Nick put some more stuff on the Wiki yet, but nobody's told me it's ready
>> for prime time.
>

> With help from Christian Ohr, we now have a page listing the names,
> addresses, contact details and rough styles of basically everywhere you
> could want to go of an evening in Sinsheim, and a few nearby places too:
>     http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ApacheMeetupsEU12

There now seems to be two pages with this information, we probably
want to make one canaonical:

http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/WhereToGoInSinsheim

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)

Re: What to do in Sinsheim

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 15 Oct 2012, Steve Holden wrote:
> Nick put some more stuff on the Wiki yet, but nobody's told me it's
> ready for prime time.

With help from Christian Ohr, we now have a page listing the names,
addresses, contact details and rough styles of basically everywhere you
could want to go of an evening in Sinsheim, and a few nearby places too:
     http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ApacheMeetupsEU12

A few of them we don't have full details for, eg size. If one or two of
our German speaking volunteers have some time, it'd be great if people
could phone up the ones with ???? in key areas and add the missing info
into the website!

Also, if anyone has been to any of the ones listed, and can comment on
what they're actually like, that'd be really handy too

Otherwise, please work with your projects to sort out what you want to do
in the evenings, now you know where you can go :)

Nick

Re: What to do in Sinsheim

Posted by Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>.

Re: What to do in Sinsheim

Posted by Roberto Galoppini <ro...@gmail.com>.
2012/10/6 Melissa Warnkin <mi...@yahoo.com>

> Steve,
>
> While I totally appreciate your enthusiasm in doing this, I don't think
> it's a good idea since the wiki is not complete....see below
>

> For the Website
> This section will want to be transfered to the website once completed
> Accomodation within walking distance
>         * Needs a warning that it's expected to all sell out before the
> event!
>         * All 3 main hotels in the town, link to websites
>         * Link to guest house finder
> Accomodation within a 20 minute drive
> Accomodation in Heidelberg
>         * Won't list individual hotels
>         * Will give an idea of the price range and options
>         * Rough journey time by train, and service interval
>         * Suggest trains to aim for, for morning and evening (inc last
> train)
>         * Why Heidelberg is a great place ot stay!
> Getting to the venue
>         * Details on the train from both airports, including typical
> journey time, costs, links to planner etc
>         * How to walk from the two stations to the venue, how long etc
>         * Info on trains through Sinsheim, rough travel times and
> intervals, last trains, link to planner etc
>         * Info on driving
>         * Reassure on parking
> Sinsheim
>         * Brief info on restaurants, bars, cafes etc
>         * Reassure people that there really is things to do there!

Any update on this?

Roberto

Re: What to do in Sinsheim

Posted by Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>.
OK, I've hidden the link for now.

regards
 Steve

Re: What to do in Sinsheim

Re: What to do in Sinsheim

Posted by Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>.

Re: What to do in Sinsheim

Posted by Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org>.
Hello Christian;

Well, the innovative part was "group discount" for those of us trying to
balance between spending the absolute minimum but not really having
the chance of spending time on Sinsheim ever again ;).

Pedro.

ps. On the extremely cheap side of things there is a youtube video ;).

Re: What to do in Sinsheim

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Pedro!