Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/16 22:42:30 UTC

[Mailing lists] User mailing list promotion

May I suggest that the Users mailing list be made the first list on
the mailing list page [1] ?

Developers are likely to be more used to how to find the appropriate
mailing list, the casual user is less likely to read the full page in
order to find the correct list.

Also, the users list is not mentioned on the status page [2].

[2] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/openofficeorg.html

Re: [Mailing lists] User mailing list promotion

Posted by Hagar Delest <ha...@laposte.net>.
Thanks!
It was really needed, especially to promote the users list.

Hagar

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 06/17/2012 01:52 PM, schrieb Joe Schaefer:
> Sifting thru the latest build log produces the following:
>
> [anakia] Input:  projects/openofficeorg.xml
>     [anakia]
>     [anakia] Error: The element type "td" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</td>".
>     [anakia]        Line: 127 Column: 11
>     [anakia]
> That's about all the help you get.

Yes, found and corrected. Now I understand also the intention of the red
displayed </tr> tags right before the missing </td> tags (yes, two).

> Isn't anakia fun?

Of course. ;-)

Again, thanks for your quick help.

Marcus

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.
On Sun, 2012-06-17 at 19:17 -0400, drew wrote:
> On Sun, 2012-06-17 at 19:13 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 4:42 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > May I suggest that the Users mailing list be made the first list on
> > > the mailing list page [1] ?
> > >
> > > Developers are likely to be more used to how to find the appropriate
> > > mailing list, the casual user is less likely to read the full page in
> > > order to find the correct list.
> > >
> > > Also, the users list is not mentioned on the status page [2].
> > >

> > Users are unlikely to stumble on the mailing list page, or check the
> > status page.  So this is probably not the main source of misdirected
> > posts.
> >
> > More likely is the "Contact Us" page (which does not even mention the
> > users list) :  http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/contact.html
> >
> > Or the openoffice.org version, which explicitly suggests contacting
> > the developers list:  http://www.openoffice.org/contact_us.html
>

> > -Rob
>
> With no further ado then, I'll update those right now.

http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/contact.html
Done (waiting for it to stage before I publish it)

http://www.openoffice.org/contact_us.html
This one however already links to the support page, not sure it should
be changed? So did not.

//drew

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.