Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Carl Brewer <ca...@bl.echidna.id.au> on 2003/07/25 05:27:19 UTC

mp2: multiple include paths accross virtual servers?

I'm running into something that may be a feature(!) of
my misunderstanding of how mp works.

I've got this defined in a <VirtualHost> directive:

PerlRequire "/data/www/foo/secure/etc/startup.pl"

For a number of different virtual servers.

Is it possible for mp2 (or mp in general) to keep state seperate
between virtual servers?  Ie: if I have a different
include path set in a couple of different startup.pl scripts,
will the different virtual servers keep them seperate, or
can I only have the one across a particular httpd instance?

I'm fearing that I'll need seperate httpd's for each
seperate site?

Carl

Re: mp2: multiple include paths accross virtual servers?

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Carl Brewer wrote:

> Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>> You need to add:
>>
>>   PerlOptions +Parent
>

> PerlOption `Parent' requires an ithreads enabled Perl

That's correct. prefork mpm is the same as mod_perl 1.

Re: mp2: multiple include paths accross virtual servers?

Posted by Carl Brewer <ca...@bl.echidna.id.au>.

Stas Bekman wrote:

> You need to add:
>
>   PerlOptions +Parent

PerlOption `Parent' requires an ithreads enabled Perl

*doh*

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Carl Brewer wrote:

> I'm running into something that may be a feature(!) of
> my misunderstanding of how mp works.
>
> I've got this defined in a <VirtualHost> directive:
>
> PerlRequire "/data/www/foo/secure/etc/startup.pl"
>
> For a number of different virtual servers.
>
> Is it possible for mp2 (or mp in general) to keep state seperate
> between virtual servers?  Ie: if I have a different
> include path set in a couple of different startup.pl scripts,
> will the different virtual servers keep them seperate, or
> can I only have the one across a particular httpd instance?
>
> I'm fearing that I'll need seperate httpd's for each
> seperate site?

You need to add:

   PerlOptions +Parent

See: