Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Brantley Hobbs <ge...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/08 20:42:42 UTC

No operation name specified!

All,

I'm really new to web services, but a fairly experienced Java and J2EE
programmer.  I need some help with the basics here please.

I've created some pojo's that I've written a vanilla services.xml file for.
I'll provide it if someone wants it, but there's nothing more than a service
group of two services with in-only and in-out RPC receivers defined.  I've
left it out to keep this more readable.

My issue is this:  In one pojo (which was mapped to one service in
services.xml), I had a single method that was in-out (it took in a class of
my own creation and returned an array of other classes).  This works just
fine.  In the other pojo (which was mapped to a different service), I have
several methods which do not take any parameters and which return an array
of classes.  These worked just fine until I added another method which took
a parameter.  As soon as I added that, calls to the methods that were
working now throw the error "No operation name specified".  If I comment out
the new method, everything works fine again.

Can someone shed some light on this for me?  Is it that I need to set a
default receiver or map a receiver for each method that is exposed in that
particular pojo?  I'm mystified.

Thanks,
Brantley Hobbs