Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Adam Williams <aw...@mdah.state.ms.us> on 2004/12/01 22:21:43 UTC

[users@httpd] problems getting apache to start

Hi, I've compiled apache 2.0.52 using:

./configure --enable-modules=all --enable-mods-shared=all --enable-deflate --enable-so

and when I start apache I get the error:

[root@missioncontrol conf]# ../bin/apachectl start
Syntax error on line 347 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'Order', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration

line 347 is:

    Options All

and before it and around it is:

<Directory "/usr/local/apache2/htdocs">
    Options All
    AllowOverride All
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

and doing httpd -l I have:

[root@missioncontrol httpd-2.0.52]# /usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd -l
Compiled in modules:
  core.c
  prefork.c
  http_core.c
  mod_so.c

I've tried with my custom httpd.conf and with the default apache's
httpd-std.conf (renamed to httpd.conf of course and putting it in
/usr/local/apache2/conf) and still get the same error.

can someone help me out.  what am I doing wrong?  how can I fix this
error?

Re: [users@httpd] problems getting apache to start

Posted by Sean T Allen <se...@usaherbals.com>.
Make sure you are loading in mod_access