Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Chris Turrentine <ch...@springbow.com> on 2001/04/13 16:51:02 UTC

RunData Object

I'm trying to go around the ecs design and am replacing it with  a JSP
concept.  My problem is, I don't understand how the RunData object is passed
throughout Jetspeed?  I believe it is coming from an extended class of the
HTTPRequest but I can't find any documentation on it.  Does anyone know how
I can get the RunData object from a jsp page like the default.jsp?  If I can
obtain that object, I can build my portal from that.

Please help!

Chris Turrentine
Director of Technology

Springbow Solutions
Office: (972) 915-9855
Cell:   (972) 333-5816
www.springbow.com

Re: RunData Object

Posted by Raphaƫl Luta <ra...@networks.groupvu.com>.
Chris Turrentine wrote:

> I'm trying to go around the ecs design and am replacing it with  a JSP
> concept.  My problem is, I don't understand how the RunData object is passed
> throughout Jetspeed?  I believe it is coming from an extended class of the
> HTTPRequest but I can't find any documentation on it.  Does anyone know how
> I can get the RunData object from a jsp page like the default.jsp?  If I can
> obtain that object, I can build my portal from that.

RunData is the base environment of the Turbine framework and is constructed by the
Turbine servlet.

For your information, we are currently rewriting the aggregation engine to be completely
stream-based rather than ECS/buffer based, if you have some design ideas or specific
contraints, you're more than welcome to join the development effort on the new engine
rather than writing your own.

Vivendi Universal Networks - Paris