Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com> on 2005/10/02 00:48:35 UTC

Re: [Ftpserver] Comments on the new code

Paul Hammant wrote:

> OK, if we're keen about Dependency Injection, we'd need to change a
> lot.  The basic FtpConfig component should have little knowledge of
> UserManager (and others), and no coupling to it...

If we do aim for a DI/IoC approach (and I think we should), should we
choose a DI implementation (Pico, Spring...) that we ship as the default
implementation? Or, should we try to implement a specialized runtime
ourselves? I would certainly go for the former option and would favour
Spring but I'm guessing that Paul won't agree on this choice :-).

/niklas