Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2001/09/24 22:02:22 UTC

How soon are we on the Alpha release?

I noticed Peter overflowed my inbox over the weekend with
all the CVS commits--which is encouraging.  I do want to
remind everyone that an Alpha has no guarantees as to API
stability.

Re: How soon are we on the Alpha release?

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Peter Donald wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are basically ready to go. The only two TODOs that *should* be done prior
> to release is documentation of <log version="1.1" /> style logging and
> documentation of BlockListeners more thouroughly. However both could easily
> be ignored for now. The only other issue is format of distributions which I
> will address in another thread.
>
> Basically we are waiting for a release manager to do all the things in
> jakarta-avalon/tools/Release-Checklist.txt - any volunteers? ;) I guess it
> really doesn't scratch my itch at the moment. I got a whole list of more
> interesting things to do with Phoenix atm ;)

Well, I have been doing it for LogKit/Framework/Excalibur.  I have no problems
with putting one more in my bag.  Since I have been pushing for it, I guess
I should be the responsible party.

Re: How soon are we on the Alpha release?