Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Aaron Grewell <AG...@uwb.edu> on 2005/05/31 18:11:27 UTC

RE: Anyone know what Microsoft's "Intelligent Message Filter" do es WRT tagging?

> I highly doubt a MS product would take advantage of results
> from another product. That's a very un-Microsoft thing to do.
> Usualy if MS produces a product in a market, they want you to
> use their solution exclusively.
>
> >Does anyone have any real exposure to IMF especially with
> integrating a
> >current SpamAssassin frontend into it?
>
> No, and although it may be true, I'm skeptical Microsoft
> allows you such power.

IMF's setup is internal to Exchange.  It isn't particularly configurable,
you just tell it at what level something is considered Spam, and Outlook
honors this.  You download the IMF updates from MS, and that's it.  It
doesn't integrate with anything other than Exchange itself AFAIK.  FWIW, I
don't know how much future it has.  Now that MS owns Sybari, built-in virus
and spam scanning are likely to appear in Exchange in a much more robust
way.  Given the success of our SA implementation I doubt we'll bother with
IMF.  It seems like more trouble than it's worth.