Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Anish Kejariwal <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/23 00:53:28 UTC

maximum number of tables and maximum number of partitions

I'm using hive 0.13.  What are the maximum number of hive tables allowed?  what are the maximum number of partitions?

For example, if I had 100k tables, each with 20k partitions should I expect any problems?

thanks!

Re: maximum number of tables and maximum number of partitions

Posted by Raunak Jhawar <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anish,

There is no ideal limit on number of tables that can be created as this
number is relative to your disk capacity

Raunak Jhawar
m: 09820890034