Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> on 2007/03/01 06:04:15 UTC

Re: unit tests and ADS 1.0.1

Sumit,

On 2/27/07, Sumit Lohia <su...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The documentation at the following URL indicates that I
> should be able to use ApacheDS 1.0.1 to write unit tests against
> the LDAP server.
>
> http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/embedding.html
>
> However, the official and nightly builds do not contain the
> apacheds-server-unit or the commons-io jar files.

Yep they are not there because they're not part of the ApacheDS
distribution.  If you want
these jars you simply need to include the dependency in your maven POM or
point ant to
them.  Here's where you can find these guys:

http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/org/apache/directory/server/apacheds-server-unit/1.0.1/

&,

http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/commons-io/commons-io/

Are there any plans to add these files to the distribution?

Not really.  The way we see it you don't need these jars to build and run
ApacheDS
as a standalone LDAP server verses an embedded server in a JUnit test case.
The
distributions with installers just package what is needed for running the
server.

But note that you can find the sources for building the server-unit stuff in
the distributions.

However we might be convinced to include them perhaps in a "support"
directory within
the distribution if more people are interested.

Thanks,
Alex