Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Omar A. Barrera" <om...@southtexascollege.edu> on 2010/11/24 16:00:00 UTC

Error Question

Hello all,

I am in the process of developing a Servlet application.  I am currently
using Eclipse Helios and Tomcat 6.0.29 in my dev environment.  When I
start up Tomcat in Eclipse I get the following error pasted below.  What
does this mean and how do I resolve it?  Thank you.

--Omar

ov 24, 2010 8:45:05 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve
invoke

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 0

      at java.lang.String.charAt(String.java:686)

      at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspUtil.makeJavaIdentifier(JspUtil.java:996)

      at
org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.getServletClassName(JspCompilati
onContext.java:374)

      at
org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.getServletJavaFileName(JspCompil
ationContext.java:473)

      at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Compiler.java:159)

      at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:347)

      at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:327)

      at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:314)

      at
org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.ja
va:592)

      at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.ja
va:317)

      at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:313)

      at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:260)

      at
tionFilterChain.java:290)

      at
erChain.java:206)

      at
e.java:233)

      at
e.java:191)

      at
:127)

      at
:102)

      at
java:109)

      at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:2
98)

      at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:85
7)

      at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(
Http11Protocol.java:588)

      at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)

      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

RE: ****SPAM**** RE: Error Question

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Omar A. Barrera [mailto:omar36@southtexascollege.edu]
> Subject: RE: ****SPAM**** RE: Error Question

> I am currently at JVM 1.6.0_11 and am using JDK 1.6.20.

Not sure how you can be two places at once...

> So updating the JVM should resolve the issue?

"Might", rather than "should".  It would at least eliminate one possibility.

 - Chuck

RE: ****SPAM**** RE: Error Question

Posted by "Omar A. Barrera" <om...@southtexascollege.edu>.
I am currently at JVM 1.6.0_11 and am using JDK 1.6.20.  So updating the
JVM should resolve the issue?  I will give it a try.  Many thanks.

Regards,

--Omar Barrera

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.