Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "capra.john.doe@voila.fr" <ca...@voila.fr> on 2002/02/15 12:57:03 UTC

FOP and servlets

Hi,

I've been using FOP for a few days and i have a problem with displaying PDF through a browser with FOP. I'm using FOP 0.20.1 with Xalan 1.2 and Xerces 1.2. Here's a sample of my servlet source :

String xmlString = request.getParameter("XML");
String xslString = resquest.getParameter("XSL");
ByteArrayOutputStream fo = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
//XSLT transformation
XSLTProcessor lProcessor = XSLTProcessorFactory.getProcessor();
lProcessor.process(new XSLTInputSource(new StringReader(xmlString)), new XSLTInputSource(new StringReader(xslString), new XLSTResultTarget(fo));
// PDF generation with FOP
Driver lFOPDriver = new Driver();
InputSource FOSource = new InputSource(fo);
ServletOutputStream output = response.getOutputStream();
lFOPDriver.setOutputStream(output);
lFOPDriver.setRenderer(RENDER_PDF);
XMLReader reader = (XMLReader) Class.forName("org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser").newInstance();
lFOPDriver.setXmlReader(reader);
lFOPDriver.setInputSource(FOSource);
lFOPDriver.run();
output.flush();
output.close();

When I call this servlet, the browser don't display the generated PDF but I 've noticed that it appears in my Temporary Internet Files.

Does anyone have an idea ?

Regards.

JD.
Avec Voila Mail, consultez vos e-mails sur votre mobile Wap.

Re: FOP and servlets

Posted by James Richardson <ja...@db.com>.
Bart Locanthi wrote:

> application/x-pdf, not application/pdf
[50lines of quoted stuff deleted]

Unlikely. Look in the archives about IE's handling of content types.

Of course this has nothing to do with FOP.

Cheers

James

Re: FOP and servlets

Posted by Bart Locanthi <ba...@sabl.com>.