Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Parth Patel <pa...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/22 20:33:08 UTC

Container Service Requirements

Hi all,

I need someone to guide me through Shapeblue ccs service configuration. I
am currently using ACS 4.6 with it. I have following components available
at my exposure:

- I have 3 (16 GB Ram and 4 Cores) machines each with 1 physical NIC.
- I have two networks: 192.168.20.1/24 (using this for isolated guest
network) and 172.16.20.0/16 (management server and NFS servers network)
- I am using KVM hypervisor and NFS for storage.
- Currently, the output of brctl show is:
cloud0          8000.000000000000       no
cloudbr0                8000.3464a92a083a       no              eno1
virbr0          8000.525400daae23       yes             virbr0-nic

First I didn't know that CCS requires Advanced Zone to work (uses Isolated
Guest Network), but still after having two different network CIDRs, when I
try to create a container cluster with just 1 node (cluster size), ACS
throws InsufficientVirtualNetworkCapacity exception and lines like:
"NetworkGuru can't implement network [275||15]" are printed in management
server logs.

My main doubt is are two physical separate NICs required to make this work?
It would be beneficial if anyone who has successfully configured Shapeblue
CCS service shares their implementation details or tell me if I am missing
something.

Thanks,
Parth Patel

Re: Container Service Requirements

Posted by Parth Patel <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Paul,

Currently, I am unable to create a normal VM instance of CentOS 5.5 No GUI
KVM in my advanced zone. I am able to create isolated guest networks in the
advanced zone but when creating a VM, ACS throws the same error -
InsufficientVirtualNetworkCapacity and NetworkGuru was not able to
implement Network [225||17]...

Do I need a separate physical NIC or manually need to create a separate
bridge for the same NIC for the guest network? (I don't know if it is
possible to create two bridges using different networks using one physical
NIC)

Thanks,
Parth Patel

Posted by Paul Angus <pa...@shapeblue.com>.