Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Tom Peer <to...@virgin.net> on 2000/04/26 19:44:59 UTC

Installing EMBPERL with mod_perl without source

I managed to install mod_perl without having the Apache source - also for
various reasons I can't really install it.

Does anyone know if I can install HTML::EMBPerl to run under mod_perl
without the Apache source?

I tried an install and got it running under "CGI" mode but I get seg
faults when I try and run under mod_perl

e.g.

[25590]ERR:  25: Line 1: Error
[Wed Apr 26 18:37:12 2000] [notice] child pid 25590 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

Tom

RE: Installing EMBPERL with mod_perl without source

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
> I managed to install mod_perl without having the Apache source - also for
> various reasons I can't really install it.
>
> Does anyone know if I can install HTML::EMBPerl to run under mod_perl
> without the Apache source?
>
> I tried an install and got it running under "CGI" mode but I get seg
> faults when I try and run under mod_perl
>
> e.g.
>
> [25590]ERR:  25: Line 1: Error
> [Wed Apr 26 18:37:12 2000] [notice] child pid 25590 exit signal
> Segmentation fault (11)

Look like that your binaries or the header files don't fit well together
(different compiler settigs for example or different versions of Perl/Apache
when build)

Why can't you install Apache sources? Doesn't seems so hard to me?

Gerald