Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Hobie Orris <ho...@interlog.com> on 2002/08/23 17:08:07 UTC

Problem loading resources

I'm using v. 1.02 and Sun J2EE SDK 1.3.1 (Tomcat) and have been trying to
get Struts to start up without much luck because of
ApplicationResources.properties.  Currently, I have extended ActionServlet
to spy on what init() is doing, and I see the log message:
Looks good!  The file is in the same directory as the new servlet
(/WEB-INF/classes) so it can't be a path problem.
However, my first action (init.do) simply loads a JSP that includes the code:

<logic:notPresent name="org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE" scope="application">
     ERROR:  Application resources not loaded -- check servlet container
     logs for error messages.
</logic:notPresent>

Which does its job and displays this error message. Why?

I even tried:
<% out.println("config file = " + config.getInitParameter("application")); %>
and it printed "config file = null".

Also, if I try to display a message then it gives a "message with key XXX
not found", as I would expect, given the above behavior.