Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Andrew Skiba <sk...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/02 21:51:56 UTC

patch for SimpleFlatFileMarshaler

Hello,

Thank you guys for the great framework, I really enjoy it.

I have to parse files from All Media Guide. Here is a documentation of
one of the file's format: http://helpdesk.allmusic.com/video_com_ship.html#VDESC

These files have ^A (ASCII code 1) as column separators and ^B (ASCII
code 2) as line separators. The existing implementation of
SimpleFlatFileMarshaler does not allow to use these characters for
separators, my patch adds this functionality.

Unfortunately, '\n' is hard coded in java.io.BufferedReader, so I had
to re-implement its basic functionality as an inner class. This inner
class is implementing Iterator and is used instead of LineIterator
when the line separator property is non-default. Null value means
default and then the code will flow as without this patch.

I opened an issue on Jira https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SM-1333
  and would like to know if the patch will be accepted or not.

Cheers,

Andrew.