Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org> on 2019/09/05 12:34:33 UTC

Upgrade Java Version

Hi All,

I noticed a travis build fail which complains minimum have required of 9 to 12 - “Expected feature release number in range of 9 to 14, but got: 8”.

Any thoughts on which version of JDK we should upgrade Airavata to before next release?

Cheers,
Suresh

Re: Upgrade Java Version

Posted by "Christie, Marcus Aaron" <ma...@iu.edu>.
Thanks for this summary of the work involved. Also kudos to you as well for making this possible.

Re: Upgrade Java Version

Posted by DImuthu Upeksha <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi Folks,

Re: Upgrade Java Version

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi All,

Re: Upgrade Java Version

Posted by "Christie, Marcus Aaron" <ma...@iu.edu>.

Re: Upgrade Java Version

Re: Upgrade Java Version

Posted by DImuthu Upeksha <di...@gmail.com>.
Will this [2] be an issue for future releases? Seems like Oracle JDK/ JRE
11 no longer comes free for production deployments. I'm not sure how it
affects for open source projects

[2]
https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk11-downloads-5066655.html

Thanks