Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Hendry Betts <He...@greenskycredit.com> on 2012/10/08 16:33:50 UTC

Updating Database outside of Jackrabbit

Here's the scenario we are facing.

We ran a repository merge from 1.4 derby to 2.4 MS Sql Server.  The merge was successful but because of choices made, took too long to use immediately.  When we were able to migrate to the new 2.4 implementation, a week had passed.

We ran another repository merge from the last updated 1.4 derby repository to a brand new, clean 2.4 MS Sql Server database.  This produced some _obvious_ differences. Now we need to merge the differences.

Here are the questions:

1)      What databases need to be  merged?

2)      Can we ignore some (such as JOURNAL tables)?

3)      Can we ignore the Persistence Manager (PM) tables?

If we can answer these questions I would be a happy, happy man.

Thanks,

Hendry Betts III
Sr. Java Developer
GreenSky
Hendry.Betts@greenskycredit.com<ma...@greenskycredit.com>

Phone: 404-832-4141

This electronic message transmission contains information from GreenSky Trade Credit, LLC which may be confidential & privileged. Recipients should not file copies of this e-mail with publicly accessed records. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this message is prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify us by e-mail immediately.