Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Tom Kjeldsen <tl...@canada.com> on 2008/02/20 06:38:48 UTC

Product Recycling Fees

Has anyone implemented an added recycling fee (like a bottle deposit) on
their products. If so, how did you go about it?

What I am trying to do is add a government mandated recycling fee on
specific products in specific geographic areas, as different fees will
apply according to the local rules.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
--Tom

Re: Product Recycling Fees

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
Hi Tom,

Tom Kjeldsen wrote:
> Thanks David.  That is an idea I had not considered.
>
> I have added a promotion that adds a flat amount to the order.  However
> for 1 item on the order I get 3 promotions added (tripling up the added
> fee)!  And for each increment of the quantity 2 more promotion lines are
> added (so for a quantity of 2 I have 5 promos, 3 -> 7, etc).  Very strange.

You can set one of the "Use Limit Per..." fields in the main promo
screen to adjust this.

Jacopo

Re: Product Recycling Fees

Posted by Tom Kjeldsen <tl...@canada.com>.