Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Middleton, Jeffrey (Jeff)" <jm...@avaya.com> on 2012/11/14 18:25:47 UTC

Tomcat 7 Support

All,

I'm looking to upgrade an embedded Tomcat 6 that contains jetspeed 2.2.1 to Tomcat 7.   I see some messages here indicating that Tomcat 7 is not supported yet, but I'm wondering if it is possible to get jetspeed running under tomcat 7 if you aren't using Servlet 3.0.   It sounded like the holdup was issues with parsing 3.0 web.xml descriptors.

Thanks,
Jeff

Re: Tomcat 7 Support

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@gmail.com>.
On 11/14/12 9:25 AM, Middleton, Jeffrey (Jeff) wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm looking to upgrade an embedded Tomcat 6 that contains jetspeed 2.2.1 to Tomcat 7.   I see some messages here indicating that Tomcat 7 is not supported yet, but I'm wondering if it is possible to get jetspeed running under tomcat 7 if you aren't using Servlet 3.0.   It sounded like the holdup was issues with parsing 3.0 web.xml descriptors.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff
We had some problems with session management, but that appears to be closed
There is also the installer, which would need to be packaged with
Tomcat7, but that can wait. Give it a try and let us know how it works
out, as I think we were pretty close with the 2.2.1 release but backed
off the end