Posted to general@gump.apache.org by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com> on 2003/12/01 19:39:45 UTC

I've added a directory-naming.xml that references the
apache-incubator-svn.xml repository, and it's own current directory. [I'm
sure it will move again, but I'll keep tracking/tweaking.] See:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-gump/project/directory-naming.xml?rev=1.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

I edited the Maven generated gump descriptor:

1) To set the repository name to apache-incubator-svn

Brett, you seem to be involved in this project also, you want to modify the
project.xml for this?
http://svn.apache.org/repos/test/incubator-directory/naming/project.xml:
   <!--  Gump integration   -->
   <gumpRepositoryId>Directory-naming</gumpRepositoryId>

2) I created *two* projects:

    <project name="directory-naming" ... a standard <ant one.
    <project name="directory-naming-maven" with <maven instead of <ant

3) I had to change <svn to <cvs (in the module descriptor). Annoying, but.

4) Hmm, I suspect I need Brett to checking the ant script build.xml. Hmm,
and we'll need to hack one of the to use different working directories.

[Brett, when I was asking about having Maven write a descriptor with two
projects, this is what I was referring to. Having two projects allows Maven
users to (1) use ant for simplicity [not impacted by Maven not building] (2)
use Maven [to test this new way of working.] Are you able to update Maven's
'gump' goal? Could you make it savvy to these issues? If yes, we can specify
& provide further details.]

Please supply feedback on if these names are correct, or if tweaks are
required.

I'll be using this project as both a test of SVN and a test of <maven [same
as <ant only uses Maven]. I have code to generate a build.properties (with
Jar overrides) but I'm sure I'm a long way from working. I'd like to Gump
"directory-naming" both ways so it isn't help up by me debugging GumpMaven
issues.

regards,

Adam
--