Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by LiXiao2007 <Li...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/04 21:49:48 UTC

Why QueueSize becomes a negative number

I have a queue with the following stats.

QueueSize = -4
EnqueueCount = 156
DequeueCount = 160
DispatchCount = 160.

Can someone explain to me why QueueSize become negative?
Thanks!

Re: Why QueueSize becomes a negative number

Posted by sparky2708 <da...@columbia.edu>.
I've had this happen a few times. This usually means that you might have
durable subscribers that went down and in the jconsole window you clicked
"reset" on the queue statistics. When the durable consumers come back up the
messages go out to them therefore turning the count in the queue to a
negative number.