Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com> on 2007/07/15 02:38:30 UTC

[VOTE] 10.3.1.2 release

Hi,

I have now prepared a release candidate, 10.3.1.2 (build/revision
556213). Please download and test-drive this candidate, and document
test results on the testing pages
see:http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenThreeRelease#head-c6b20b58527b8de23f358548756f36e643da2e71:

Differences from 10.3.1.1 are:
- bump of version
- fix for blocker issues DERBY-2932, DERBY-2931, DERBY-2924, DERBY-2923
- fix for testing issues DERBY-2918, DERBY-2915, DERBY-2893, DERBY-2842
- plugin version update for DERBY-2376
- adjustment of release notes (no categorization in new features,
removal from changes section of all issues found  in 10.3* and fixed
in 10.3*, addition of open bugs section, correcting of build
environment)
- creation of CHANGES.html to list all issues with fix in 10.3.*

10.3.1.2 is available on:
  http://people.apache.org/~myrnavl/10.3.1.2/

Note, that the src.tar.gz file requires gnu-compatible tar to unravel.
Note also, that the eclipse ui and doc plugins are available in a zip
file with changed name and version number:
'derby_eclipse_plugins.1.1.1.zip'.
(compare 10.2.2.0 'derby_ui_plugin_1.1.0.zip')

I will close this vote on July 23, 16.00 PDT

If positive, we can have a release by July 24 5 pm (PDT) (I haven't
done this bit yet so I'm reserving some more time than I hope to
need).

To vote:
[+1] Make the release candidate  (10.3.1.2 - (SVN 556213))  the official
10.3.1.2 release of Derby.
[ -1] Do not make the release candidate the official 10.3.1.2 release.
(List  showstopper Jira entries)

Thanks to everyone who worked on this release.
Myrna

Re: [VOTE] 10.3.1.2 release

Posted by Oystein Grovlen - Sun Norway <Oy...@Sun.COM>.
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
  > I will close this vote on July 23, 16.00 PDT
 >
 > If positive, we can have a release by July 24 5 pm (PDT) (I haven't
 > done this bit yet so I'm reserving some more time than I hope to
 > need).
 >
 > To vote:
 > [+1] Make the release candidate  (10.3.1.2 - (SVN 556213))  the official
 > 10.3.1.2 release of Derby.
 > [ -1] Do not make the release candidate the official 10.3.1.2 release.
 > (List  showstopper Jira entries)

[+1]

I have downloaded the release and played a bit with it on my Solaris
x86 desktop.  I have found no major errors.

I have also run the Junit All suite on a database in soft upgrade and
hard upgrade modes.  As far as I can tell all errors that I got are to
be expected.  In soft upgrade, I got the following errors:
    - Several failures due to the new procedure
      SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_EMPTY_STATEMENT_CACHE not existing in soft
      upgrade mode.
    - One failure in CollationTest (DERBY-2940), According to Mamta
      this is to be expected.
    - A few failures in BlobClob4BlobTest. To be expected due to
      changed behavior with respect to life time of LOBs.

In hard upgrade, I only got the CollationTest error (DERBY-2940).

--
Øystein

Re: [VOTE] 10.3.1.2 release

Posted by Stanley Bradbury <St...@gmail.com>.
    [-1]  for 10.3.1.2
I need the10.3 release to contain the fix for Derby-2896.  As stated in
that issue - this is show-stopper for the collation feature.

This feature will greatly increase Derby 10.3's acceptance / usability
in non-English speaking countries.

Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have now prepared a release candidate, 10.3.1.2 (build/revision
> 556213). Please download and test-drive this candidate, and document
> test results on the testing pages

 = = = SNIP = = =