Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Suchitha Koneru (sukoneru)" <su...@cisco.com> on 2007/08/04 02:46:52 UTC

derby db log grows to 5 GB.

Hello active mq users ,
                       I am having a issue with derby database log , it
has grown to 5 GB in 15 days. Iam using an embedded broker .
What is this log used for ?  This log is named derby.log;  Our
application uses  Topic Publishers are durable subscribers.

The active mq version is 4.0.2 , java 1.6 and Tomcat 5.520.  How can I
res trict teh size of teh derby log , in production environment it will
cause issues, please let me know if I can specify the size of teh derby
log.

The folloing is the configuration for active mq broker

BrokerService broker = new BrokerService();

File dir = new File("../../activemq");

dir.mkdir();

broker.setDataDirectory(dir);

broker.addConnector("tcp://171.69.155.75:61716?trace=true&wireFormat.max
InactivityDuration=-1&jms.useAsyncSend=true&jms.dispatchAsync=false");

broker.start();

The message delivery is non peristent , this is specified via the API
topicPublisher.setDeliveryMode(DeliveryMode.NON_PERSISTENT);

the time to live is 5 minutes

topicPublisher..setTimeToLive(300000);

The journal  folder created under active mq directory is  40.0MB

Since there is no persistence involved , Iam assuming that journal will
not be used for storing messages .  What is the journal used  for in
this scenario ?

Also any insight into , what is causing teh issue of derby log  growing
to the size of  5 GB.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

 is derby log issue a problem in 4.0.2 release version  ?

Please let me know,

thank you,

Suchitha.