Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/20 10:24:01 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Log4j Extras 1.2.17 released

The Apache Log4j 1 team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Log4j Extras 1.2.17.

Apache Extras™ for Apache log4j™ is a jar file full of additional
functionality for log4j 1.2.x.

This release is a maintenance release.

Changes:

- Version naming changed to match the required log4j version.
- RollingFileAppender with TimeBasedRolling policy doesn't create
parent-path if FileNamePattern contains date pattern as directory
(thanks to Daniel Stankiewicz) Fixes 53536.
- DBAppender has a compile error (thanks to Antonio Petrelli) Fixes
53645.
- Prefixed FormattingInfo and PatternParser with Extras to avoid
classloading conflict
- Fixed product naming
- Removed duplicated classes (thanks to Jess Holle for spotting it)
- Removed ant build
- Made tests writing to target folder
- Merged all companions into the extras companion
- Switched Parent to Apache parent Fixes 47595.
- Upgraded to Apache Maven 3

Apache Log4j Extras 1.2.17 required Java > 1.4.2 and Log4j 1.2.17.

For more information please visit the product website:

http://logging.apache.org/log4j/extras

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Log4j Extras 1.2.17 released

Posted by Scott Deboy <sc...@gmail.com>.
I can try to work on it later today..will send something if I get the chance.

Scott

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Gladly taking a patch.

Posted by Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com

Posted by Scott Deboy <sc...@gmail.com>.
I think this may be related to these two lines in assembly/bin.xml:

                        <directory>target</directory>
                        <outputDirectory>.</outputDirectory>

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott Deboy <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot Scott!
Yes, i am going to start with 1.2.17.1 RC asap.

---
http://www.grobmeier.de
@grobmeier
GPG: 0xA5CC90DB

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Log4j Extras 1.2.17 released

Posted by Scott Deboy <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott Deboy <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott Deboy <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott Deboy <sc...@gmail.com>.
It's here:

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi All:

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 3:06 PM, Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com> wrote:

> So I just downloaded apache-log4j-extras-1.2.17-**bin.zip, pulled out
> apache-log4j-extras-1.2.17.**jar, and took a peek.
>
> Straight away, I notice org/apache/log4j/Appender.**class -- and other
> duplicate classes.
>
> I will admit I should have examined the release candidate, but I didn't
> think the double-check this -- as the issue seems clear enough.  Yet the
> classes seem to be duplicated once again.

Same here, I see the dups.

Gary

Posted by Scott Deboy <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott Deboy <sc...@gmail.com>.