Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Gyula Fóra <gy...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/01 11:42:35 UTC

HA Cluster restart behaviour

Hi,

I have noticed some strange behaviour on a streaming cluster running in HA
mode.

I have stopped a cluster with some deployed jobs (stop-cluster.sh without
cancelling the jobs) and when I bring the cluster back up the jobs that
were running before are restarted.

Is this the expected behaviour? It feels strange that jobs will be
automatically redeployed after specifically calling stop-cluster.

Regards,
Gyula

Re: HA Cluster restart behaviour

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.
At the moment, the stop-cluster script simply sends a TERM signal to
all processes using "kill". Shutting down the cluster cleanly is a bit
more complicated and would block for a longer time. I think the
current approach is the safest for most users. I agree that it would
be nice to have an option to shutdown cleanly.

Posted by Gyula Fóra <gy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Márton Balassi <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org>.