Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Roger Nye <ro...@actuary.ch> on 2003/03/16 20:05:51 UTC

[jelly]Jelly compile problems

Hi,
I am trying to install Jelly using Maven, having never used either of these
before and am not getting very far.

I downloaded the zipped distribution versions of Jelly 1.0-beta-3 and maven
1.0-beta-8.

extracted maven and jelly to directories, set up the environment variables
and path as specified in Getting Started.
Then ran "maven test" from the jelly directory.

It downloaded a number of jars, but then started giving messages such as:

java:prepare-filesystem:
    [mkdir] Created dir: D:\Java\commons-jelly-1.0-beta-3\target\classes

java:compile:
    [javac] Compiling 222 source files to
D:\Java\commons-jelly-1.0-beta-3\target\classes
D:\Java\commons-jelly-1.0-beta-3\src\java\org\apache\commons\jelly\impl\Defa
ultTagLibraryResolver.java:59: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class ServiceDiscovery
location: package discovery
import org.apache.commons.discovery.ServiceDiscovery;
                                    ^
D:\Java\commons-jelly-1.0-beta-3\src\java\org\apache\commons\jelly\impl\Defa
ultTagLibraryResolver.java:60: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class ServiceInfo
location: package discovery
import org.apache.commons.discovery.ServiceInfo;
                                    ^
D:\Java\commons-jelly-1.0-beta-3\src\java\org\apache\commons\jelly\impl\Defa
ultTagLibraryResolver.java:83: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class ServiceDiscovery
location: class org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.DefaultTagLibraryResolver
    private ServiceDiscovery discovery;
            ^

and so on for 41 compile errors.

I am using Java SE 1.4.1_01-b01 on Windows 2000 Prof.

Any suggestions?
Many thanks
Roger

Re: [jelly]Jelly compile problems

Posted by Ben Walding <be...@walding.com>.
Probably a good idea to clear commons-discovery out of Maven's
repository.  It will be redownloaded on the next run.

It may be that you have a corrupt jar in there.

See - $MAVEN_HOME/repository/commons-discovery/jars/*