Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rizwan Merchant <ri...@alpha-it.com> on 2005/08/05 22:57:09 UTC

internal dependency on jar files..

Hi,
I am trying to move from ant to maven2 for our build process. The current
build process creates some jar files from classes in our project. These jar
files are  needed to further compile other code in the project (i.e. there
is dependency within the code base). How can I achieve this in maven2? In
ant what we do is jar the files and place them in a jar directory under the
project directory, I am not sure how to do this in maven2 because of its
repository approach.
Please help..

Thanks,
-Riz.

Re: internal dependency on jar files..

Posted by Trygve Laugstøl <tr...@codehaus.org>.
On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 05:26:23PM -0400, Rizwan Merchant wrote:

> Thanks for the response..
> the problem I have is that these "internal" jar files are re-created
> everytime the build process is run. I have placed the external dependencies
> in the repository, but these jar files are regenerated within the build
> process..my issue is how do I build these jars and where (and how) do i
> place them for the rest of the build process to see..

Make the building of the external JAR files another Maven 2 build and they
will be installed in the repository for you.

If these JAR files are generated using Ant you can use the Ant Tasks[1] to
deploy the JAR files to your repository.

[1]: http://maven.apache.org/maven2/ant-tasks.html

--
Trygve

RE: internal dependency on jar files..

On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 04:57:09PM -0400, Rizwan Merchant wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to move from ant to maven2 for our build process. The current
> build process creates some jar files from classes in our project. These
jar
> files are  needed to further compile other code in the project (i.e. there
> is dependency within the code base). How can I achieve this in maven2? In
> ant what we do is jar the files and place them in a jar directory under
the
> project directory, I am not sure how to do this in maven2 because of its
> repository approach.
> Please help..

Put the JAR file in the repository and make it a normal <dependency>. If
the JAR file is in unversioned either figure out the version or just give
it a marker version, the date of the release or when you found it are good
values to use.

--
Trygve

Re: internal dependency on jar files..