Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net> on 2002/02/18 03:20:09 UTC

Andrew C. Oliver ( was Re: Geir Magnusson Jr.)

I couldn't resist the subject line...

On 2/17/02 8:16 PM, "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> wrote:

>>> Hi All,
> karma
>>> update the site on the www server.
> site
>>> is currently being hosted there.  Being in limbo isn't very good for
>>> project, been there for a few weeks now.
> html
>>> files over to jakarta, I'll be happy to change this asap.
> to the
>>> old mail lists that they are to be closed effective in 48 hrs and
>>> everyone who hasn't already done so must subscribe to the new lists.
>>> Other than actually having the pages copied over that should about
>>> complete our transition to jakarta.
>

>> Done.
>
>> But I don't get it - since you have CVS, why not just move the site >
> source
>> into Jakarta CVS?
>

> It already is in jakarta CVS.  How does that make the web pages (html)
> move to /poi on the web server?  Unless you're proposing I create a new
> directory under jakarta-site2/docs called /poi?

No - the idea is that if your site content is in CVS, we can just make a
subdir under jakarta, and then do a cvs checkout of your site right there.
So you and the rest of the POI committers update right into your own cvs,
and when ready, it can be updated right into www production.

If it's there, I'll be happy to help get that going.

System and Software Consulting
"Now what do we do?"