Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net> on 2012/07/08 23:47:55 UTC

cwiki captcha problem

I recently signed up for a cwiki account to try and help in writing the
release notes for AOO 3.4.1. The account was created, but when I try to
log in I am presented with the message "You are required to validate
your login by entering the word below" and a captcha is presented. When
I type the word I am looped back continuously to the same place an
presented with a new captcha. I have been going round and round this
cycle for about 3 days know. I know I need my bi-locals changed, but I
am pretty sure I haven't typed all of them wrong.

I have tried with both Firefox, which is my normal browser, and with ie
8 with the same effect. Hopefully y'all can direct me on the proper path
to get this straightened out.

Regards
Keith McKenna (Mac)

Re: cwiki captcha problem

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
Rob Weir wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 5:47 PM, Keith N. McKenna
> <ke...@comcast.net> wrote:
>> I recently signed up for a cwiki account to try and help in writing the
>> release notes for AOO 3.4.1. The account was created, but when I try to log
>> in I am presented with the message "You are required to validate your login
>> by entering the word below" and a captcha is presented. When I type the word
>> I am looped back continuously to the same place an presented with a new
>> captcha. I have been going round and round this cycle for about 3 days know.
>> I know I need my bi-locals changed, but I am pretty sure I haven't typed all
>> of them wrong.
>>
>> I have tried with both Firefox, which is my normal browser, and with ie 8
>> with the same effect. Hopefully y'all can direct me on the proper path to
>> get this straightened out.
>>

> I've seen similar things occur.  I don't know if it is my vision, or
> whether I'm just a poor example of a human, but it often takes several
> tries before I get the CAPTCHA correct.
>
> -Rob
>
>> Regards
>> Keith McKenna (Mac)

Since my vision is an abomination and I am not a sterling example of
human kind, I have seen the problem before also. Just thought that 3
days of it was a bit much even for me. I will continue plugging away at
it and maybe my sheer pigheadedness will win the day.

Mac

Re: cwiki captcha problem

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.