Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by hwaastad <he...@waastad.org> on 2015/05/07 22:32:13 UTC

debugging tomee-remote

Hi,
I've got a question regarding debuging arquillian tests on tomee-remote.

In netbeans it's plain simple to add beakpoint and debug.

with tomee-remote I have to add debug=true in arquillian.xml and then attach
debugger which seems a little cumbersome.

Is there a better way?

1.7.1 is in play.

br hw

Re: debugging tomee-remote

Posted by hwaastad <he...@waastad.org>.
Thanks Romain.

The extra extension made it work. In 1.7.1/4.7.1 aswell

Apparently the arquillian-transaction-impl-base is not needed.

Thanks again for giving help on things not 100% transparent :-)

br hw

Re: debugging tomee-remote

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
You can add to
src/test/resources/META-INF/services/org.jboss.arquillian.core.spi.LoadableExtension
the line to get the JNDI context (same hack as for
RemotePersistenceExtension):

org.apache.openejb.arquillian.embedded.EmbeddedRemoteExtension

Then just upgrade (done on tomee master):

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.jboss.arquillian.extension</groupId>
    <artifactId>arquillian-transaction-impl-base</artifactId>
    <version>1.0.1.Final</version>
    <scope>test</scope>
</dependency>

Romain Manni-Bucau
<http://www.tomitribe.com>

Re: debugging tomee-remote

Re: debugging tomee-remote

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Ni http request by default so o request scope in test class. Change arq
protocol

Re: debugging tomee-remote

Re: debugging tomee-remote

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

> OK, and thanks.
>
> BTW, another question (and not really related....)
>
> I've made arquillian tests with jaas/rest and its working fine.
>
> Should this also be possible to do using an embedded version?

sure

> I've done som initial testing but did'nt get it working (and it's easier
> adding a conf dir on remote and adding catalina_opts in arq.xml :-) )

normally you can put all you need in properties.

Re: debugging tomee-remote

Re: debugging tomee-remote

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
-Dopenejb.server.debug=true or -Dtomee.debug=true in your runner. Avoids to
touch the xml but it stays remote debugging

Romain Manni-Bucau
<http://www.tomitribe.com>