Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com> on 2013/11/08 02:11:00 UTC

SDK 4.11 service pack ?

Hi Team,

There have been many issues fixed for 4.12.

Is it intended to deliver a 4.11.1 soon ?

In which case, maybe we should create 4.11.1 version in JIRA, and use it in the FixVersion, instead of 4.12?

WDYT ?

Maurice

Re: SDK 4.11 service pack ?

Posted by "piotr.zarzycki" <pi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Justin.

I'd like to help with this, so I'll try to fix some bugs soon and submit
patch.

Piotr

-----
Flex/Air developer open to new job offers and challenges.
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: SDK 4.11 service pack ?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> What's with this "service pack"? Are you going to release version with
> latest fixes?

Apache doesn't have a concept of service packs, but if a serious issue exists with 4.11.0, any committer can patch the 4.11 branch, compile and create a 4.11.1 release and put it out there to vote on. The advantage here is that if 4.11.1 branch only have minimal changes from 4.11.0 so it's not going to require as much testing as a new 4.12.0 release (in theory).

Alternatively we can wait until we have enough patches and changes for a new 4.12.0 release, I'd guess (but it's not certain) that would be in 2 or 3 months time.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: SDK 4.11 service pack ?

Re: SDK 4.11 service pack ?

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
On 14/11/2013 22:45, Mark Kessler wrote:
> supposed to match the build number?
That's what 4.9.1 does if you install it with the installer (files and
the XML agree).

Tom

Re: SDK 4.11 service pack ?

Posted by Mark Kessler <ke...@gmail.com>.
Still too useful to give up RSLs.  But isn't the RSLS in the flex config
supposed to match the build number?

-Mark

Re: SDK 4.11 service pack ?

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.

RE: SDK 4.11 service pack ?

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
Look into frameworks/flex-config.xml

The rsl urls version numbers are 0.0.0 instead of : 11.0.20131017

Only an issue of you use rsls in your project.

Maurice

On 08/11/2013 01:57, Justin Mclean wrote:
> I think there was also an issue with the Flex config RSL numbers - easily fixed but still a pain.
Not sure what this is, but I've just done a fresh install (WinXP) of the latest SDK from the installer if you want me check something ?
Compiling AIR and Flex apps seems OK so far.

Tom

Re: SDK 4.11 service pack ?

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.

Re: SDK 4.11 service pack ?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> - FLEX-33813	Flex Incorrectly Scaling Down Application on iPad
I think there was also an issue with the Flex config RSL numbers - easily fixed but still a pain.

> My question was also on the JIRA process: is it the way it should work to mark issues as fixed for the next major version ?
> How was it managed eg. for 4.9.1 ?
Just assume it's 4.12 and we'll rename if needed.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: SDK 4.11 service pack ?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> If we KNOW that the next delivery will be 4.11.1, why name it 4.12, and rename it 4.12 just before the delivery ?
Because at the time the version is changed in the code we don't know what the next version will be. Remember it effects the nightly build in the installer and a few other things.

Thanks,
Justin

RE: SDK 4.11 service pack ?

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
That's also my opinion.

If we KNOW that the next delivery will be 4.11.1, why name it 4.12, and rename it 4.12 just before the delivery ?

Now, if a release will not necessary have an update (as was the case e.g. for 4.10), then the above does not stand.

Maurice

Posted by Tianzhen Lin <ta...@usa.net>.

RE: SDK 4.11 service pack ?

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.