Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Richard Eckart <ec...@linglit.tu-darmstadt.de> on 2008/01/24 22:09:49 UTC

Is there a database for UIMA/CAS?

Hi folks,

is there any such thing as a database from which UIMA could fetch a
complete CAS,
do further processing on it and store it back there? The database
would have to
support some way of querying the CASes stored in it.

I have been googleing for something like this but ended up finding
nothing, though
I have a dim memory of having seen references to some kind of
database when I was
first reading about UIMA. Unfortunately I don't find the text anymore.

Richard Eckart

Technische Universität Darmstadt
Institute of Linguistics and Literary Studies
Department of English Linguistics

Hochschulstrasse 1
64289 Darmstadt
Germany

Re: Is there a database for UIMA/CAS?

Posted by Florian Laws <fl...@ims.uni-stuttgart.de>.
Richard Eckart wrote:

>is there any such thing as a database from which UIMA could fetch a
>complete CAS,
>do further processing on it and store it back there? The database
>would have to
>support some way of querying the CASes stored in it.

What about serializing the CAS to XMl (XCas/XMI)
and using a specialized XML database?

Regards,

Florian

RE: Is there a database for UIMA/CAS?

Posted by "Chavan, Girish" <ch...@upmc.edu>.
I am exploring storing it in a BLOB field. It of course does not let you then search CASes based on their say... annotations or type systems, but if you are interested in just storing and retrieving CASes it works just fine.

-Girish