Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by leonardchicco <lu...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/31 14:47:37 UTC

Logging into DB

Hi,   I've a question about the karaf customization, in my company, i'm
preparing a customized version of karaf, and I need to have the particular
log saved into DB (for example HSQLDB). It is possible to configure the
logging to do that?In attachment the pom cofiguration file.Thanks in
advance.Luca Leonardi pom.xml
<http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/file/t498205/pom.xml>

--
Sent from: http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Karaf-Dev-f930721.html

Re: Logging into DB

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

You have two ways to do that:

1. Using Karaf Decanter
The log collector can get any log from Karaf and send to the JDBC
appender to store into the database.
It doesn't require any change in etc/org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg, just
Decanter log collector and jdbc appender to install and configure to
match your needs.

2. Add JDBC log4j appender in etc/org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg. As this
appender is not part of pax-logging, you need to add this with fragment.
You can find an example here with a custom appender:
https://github.com/apache/karaf/tree/master/examples/karaf-log-appender-example

Let me know if you need more details and support.

Regards
JB

On 31/10/2019 15:47, leonardchicco wrote:
> Hi,   I've a question about the karaf customization, in my company, i'm
> preparing a customized version of karaf, and I need to have the particular
> log saved into DB (for example HSQLDB). It is possible to configure the
> logging to do that?In attachment the pom cofiguration file.Thanks in
> advance.Luca Leonardi pom.xml
> <http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/file/t498205/pom.xml>
>

> --
> Sent from: http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Karaf-Dev-f930721.html