Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Fe...@thomson.com on 2006/07/06 14:04:16 UTC

Kill the cache?

This whole situation of cocoon caching other contexts is unacceptable.

How do I kill the cache mechanism completely?

Thanks

Re: Kill the cache?

Posted by Scott Warren <ap...@gmail.com>.
Check your sent mail. It's a GMail thing.

regards

Scott Warren

Re: Kill the cache?

Posted by Zhu Di <fl...@gmail.com>.

> I am really sorry to asking this question here, but seems this mail is the
> only one I can receive from this mail-list...

how can I get all mails from this mailling-list? and when I try to initiate
a new topic, should I send  mail to users@apache.org, right?

but why I can't receive anything, including the mail I sent to the above
address?

please, help me

flutina

RE: Kill the cache?

Posted by Fe...@thomson.com.
Yes, it's caching the whole directories of the other contexts.

I am not using hibernate or ehcache in other contexts.

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
What do you mean it is caching other contexts?  Do you mean that objects
from other servlet contexts are being placed in the cache?

Cocoon only caches its own content. Now I suppose it is possible that if
you are using Hibernate or something else that also uses ehcache that
the stuff they are caching might end up in the same cache as Cocoon's,
but it isn't Cocoon doing this.  Basically, the cache is more or less
just a Map. Something somewhere has to do a put to get it into the
cache.   Nothing is just going to arbitrarily pick up random objects and
store them in the cache.  You can easily change Cocoon's default store
to use something other than ehcache.

Ralph

Fernando.Matomira@thomson.com wrote:

>Well, I just tried with ehcache 1.2.1 and it's still caching other
>contexts.

RE: Kill the cache?

Posted by Fe...@thomson.com.

<Fe...@thomson.com>:

>This whole situation of cocoon caching other contexts is unacceptable.
>

>How do I kill the cache mechanism completely?
>

>Thanks

Simone Gianni

RE: Kill the cache?

Posted by Fe...@thomson.com.

<Fe...@thomson.com>:

>This whole situation of cocoon caching other contexts is unacceptable.
>

>How do I kill the cache mechanism completely?
>

>Thanks

Simone Gianni

Re: Kill the cache?

Posted by Simone Gianni <s....@thebug.it>.
In that case :
1) Check your container classloading settings, the jars of a context
should not propagate to other contextes.
2) If you don't find any suitable classloading configuration in your
container, use the paranoid cloassloader servlet instead of the default
one, that should force cocoon to use only it's own jars.

In both cases, it's very strange (but depends on the container/JRE
configuration, so definitively possible) that a class from a context
propagates to other contextes.

Hope this somehow helps,
Simone

Fernando.Matomira@thomson.com wrote:

>I think the problem might be that Cocoon is shipping with ehcache 1.1,
>which seems to exhibit "singleton behavior".

Simone Gianni

RE: Kill the cache?

Posted by Fe...@thomson.com.
I think the problem might be that Cocoon is shipping with ehcache 1.1,
which seems to exhibit "singleton behavior".

RE: Kill the cache?

To disable default Cocoon cache mechanism, just indicate that you want to

________________________________

Re: Kill the cache?

Posted by Zhu Di <fl...@gmail.com>.
try delete content under \webapps\exec\WEB-INF\work\cocoon-files\cache-dir

2006/7/6, Fernando.Matomira@thomson.com <Fe...@thomson.com>:

>   I don't want to disable it in the pipeline. I want to remove the cache
> mechanism completely
>
> because it's caching other contexts, and nobody put that in any pipeline.
>

> Thanks
>

>  ------------------------------

RE: Kill the cache?

Posted by Fe...@thomson.com.

Re: Kill the cache?

Posted by Cocoon Man <co...@gmail.com>.
Hello Fernando,

Re: Kill the cache?

Posted by Thomas Markus <t....@proventis.net>.
may be you make your caching pipeline processor a non caching

        <map:pipes default="noncaching">
            <map:pipe name="caching"
src="org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.NonCachingProcessingPipeline"/>
            <map:pipe name="noncaching"
src="org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.NonCachingProcessingPipeline"/>
        </map:pipes>

or you remove the caching type und you got failures if somewhere a
caching pipeline is defined

Thomas

--
Thomas Markus

Tel:    +49 30 29 36 399 - 22
Fax:    +49 30 29 36 399 - 50
Mail:   t.markus@proventis.net
Web:    www.proventis.net
Web:    www.blue-ant.de

proventis GmbH
Zimmerstraße 79-80
10117 Berlin

"proventis: Wir bewegen Organisationen."