Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Jonathan Locke <jo...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/02 01:53:14 UTC

Re: Is it possible to hide /?wicket:.. from the URLs

interesting idea:

collapse the constant part (component hierarchy path and listener interface)
into an interned string list in application shared by all components
(application metadata probably).  then just encode the wicket listener url
as just the index into that list.  for degenerate cases where the ui can
grow arbitrarily large (not true of most wicket apps), you could limit the
size of this string list.  this would turn a url like:

/wicket/examples/linkomatic/;jsessionid=240331A81323E282FE78E8C8C0DC894F?wicket:interface=:0:actionLink::ILinkListener::

into

/wicket/examples/linkomatic/;jsessionid=240331A81323E282FE78E8C8C0DC894F&wicket:url=1

or

/wicket/examples/linkomatic/1;jsessionid=240331A81323E282FE78E8C8C0DC894F

or whatever...

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
it looks a lot like UrlCompressingWebRequestProcessor

Posted by Jonathan Locke <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ritz123 <ri...@gmail.com>.