Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Boris Kolpackov <bo...@codesynthesis.com> on 2007/09/02 18:28:31 UTC

Re: Xerces-C++ 2.8.0 released

Hi,

I've written a blob post that elaborates on some of the user-
visible improvements in the 2.8.0 release. I think some of you
will find this information useful:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/~boris/blog/2007/09/02/xerces-2-8-0-released/

Boris

--
Boris Kolpackov
Code Synthesis Tools CC

Re: Question about Xerces C Error message

Posted by Boris Kolpackov <bo...@codesynthesis.com>.
Hi Bryan,

Bryan Wilcox <az...@yahoo.com> writes:

> The problem occurs on a tester computer using a release build, so I
> haven't been able to debug into the issue yet.   The platform is
> Windows Vista which is the same I am using to develop.   Is there
> any context for this error?

Xerces-C++ couldn't open a file. It can either be the main document
or something that it references, e.g., a schema or DTD file.

> Is there some form of verbose debugging I can turn on to get more
> information about the failure?

No, I don't think there is such a mechanism. What you can do is provide
your own entity resolver which handler file opening. Then you can
capture as much additional information as you would like.

Boris

--
Boris Kolpackov, Code Synthesis Tools   http://codesynthesis.com/~boris/blog
Open source XML data binding for C++:   http://codesynthesis.com/products/xsd

Re: Question about Xerces C Error message

Posted by Bryan Wilcox <az...@yahoo.com>.
The problem occurs on a tester computer using a release build, so I haven't been able to debug into the issue yet.   The platform is Windows Vista which is the same I am using to develop.   Is there any context for this error?   Is there some form of verbose debugging I can turn on to get more information about the failure?

Thanks,
Bryan

Posted by Boris Kolpackov <bo...@codesynthesis.com>.
Hi Bryan,

Posted by Bryan Wilcox <az...@yahoo.com>.
I am seeing an error message come from our code that is using Xerces C to parse an XML document.    The error text reads "Fatal Error: Message: unable to open primary document entity" and lists the file name of the file we are trying to open.   This error only occurs sporadically.   I was wondering if someone could tell me if there is anywhere I can find out more about what might be the root cause of this error.   Furthermore, we recently updated our code to the 3.01 Xerces version (we had been previously using 2.7) so I was wondering if there might be some changes related to the new version that could have caused this to occur.   I don't remember getting this exact error in previous versions of our code, but I guess anything is possible.

Thanks,
Bryan