Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by kz <kh...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/27 10:16:07 UTC

Is it possible somehow for Tomcat to serve ASP.NET pages?

Regards,

Khurram

Re: Is it possible somehow for Tomcat to serve ASP.NET pages?

Posted by or...@kewlstuff.co.za.
Easy to simulate, Add Thread.Sleep(10000) and then print a blue screen....
ha ha, dont shoot me, just kidding.

No, I dont think it will ever happen, I think the problem will always be
that programmers on .NET dig into the win32 system too much and use add-on
stuff like MS transaction servers.
Would have to simulate just about all MS technologies, and that means Java
programmers would have to fix it first.... dont want that... ok ok I cant
help myself.... ha ha.

Closest I've seen is Grasshopper
http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/how-to-convert-aspnet-applications-to-java-j2ee-introducing-grasshopper/

It allows a developer developing on .net to target java byte code or classes
that run on Tomcat, but its always going to have to be a carefully designed
contraption.

Sorry no.... but if you new to Tomcat and thinking about Java... Welcome!