Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Karthik <ka...@yahoo.com> on 2010/06/18 20:48:21 UTC

hive.aux.jars.path not used - get a SerDe does not exist error

I have my custom SerDe classes (as jar files) under /home/hadoop/hive/lib folder and I have set "hive.aux.jars.path" property in my "hive-site.xml" file to this location (value:  "file:///home/hadoop/hive/lib/")

When I create a able (or query an existing table), I get a SerDe does not exist error, althought, it works fine if I set the value to full absolute path of the file name like this: "file:///home/hadoop/hive/lib/myserde.jar", but again, my HWI complains with same error even if I set full path name of the JAR.

It also works well if I run "hive --auxpath /home/hadoop/hive/lib".

I need to provide multiple JAR files under auxpath.  I use Hive 0.5+20.  Should I not relay on "hive.aux.jars.path" set in hive-site.xml and only use --auxpath param?

Please help.

Regards,
Karthik.