Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by "Tawfik, Sameh E" <Sa...@fairisaac.com> on 2008/02/15 22:57:54 UTC

How to successfully add users?

I'm using Continuum 1.1, I logged-in as administrator and created a new
user for example "developer" and assigned it "12345" password.

When I tried later to login using the new account "developer" with the
"12345" password, Continuum displayed the following message:

. You have entered an incorrect username and/or password.

I logged again as an administrator and double checked everything, and
tried it again, but I'm still keep getting the same result?

What could be wrong?

Also, is there is a way where I can stop Continuum from prompting for a
user\password to view the build output? When the build is done and the
email is sent, we'd like to be able to view the build output results by
going direct to the build result screen bypassing Continuum prompt for
the user and password values.

  Thanks,

      Sameh

RE: How to successfully add users?

Posted by "Tawfik, Sameh E" <Sa...@fairisaac.com>.
Thanks,

  Sameh

> I just opened security.properties and I do not see how you'd turn off
> the requirement for email validation?

email.validation.required=false

See http://redback.codehaus.org/configuration.html

--
Wendy

Re: How to successfully add users?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Tawfik, Sameh E" <Sa...@fairisaac.com>.
Wendy,

I just opened security.properties and I do not see how you'd turn off
the requirement for email validation?

The following is the content of security.properties:

C:\continuum-1.1\apps\continuum\webapp\WEB-INF\classes\org\apache\maven\
continuum\security.properties

#
# Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
# or more contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file
# distributed with this work for additional information
# regarding copyright ownership.  The ASF licenses this file
# to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
# "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
# with the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
#
#   http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
#
# Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing,
# software distributed under the License is distributed on an
# "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY
# KIND, either express or implied.  See the License for the
# specific language governing permissions and limitations
# under the License.
#

# The subject line for the email message.
email.validation.subject=Welcome to Maven Continuum

# Feedback page
email.feedback.path=http://maven.apache.org/continuum/mail-lists.html

    Sameh

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 2:57 PM, Tawfik, Sameh E
<Sa...@fairisaac.com> wrote:

>  I'm using Continuum 1.1, I logged-in as administrator and created a
new
>  user for example "developer" and assigned it "12345" password.
>
>  When I tried later to login using the new account "developer" with
the
>  "12345" password, Continuum displayed the following message:
>
>  . You have entered an incorrect username and/or password.
>
>  I logged again as an administrator and double checked everything, and
>  tried it again, but I'm still keep getting the same result?
>
>  What could be wrong?

Sorry.  It's a known issue with the version of Redback that Continuum
1.1 uses.  The easiest thing to do is click 'Resend Validation' and
click the link in the email, which will validate the account.  You can
also turn off the requirement for email validation altogether in
security.properties.

--
Wendy

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential,
proprietary
and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed.

RE: How to successfully add users?

Posted by "Tawfik, Sameh E" <Sa...@fairisaac.com>.
Thanks,

   Sameh

<Sa...@fairisaac.com> wrote:

>  I'm using Continuum 1.1, I logged-in as administrator and created a
new
>  user for example "developer" and assigned it "12345" password.
>
>  When I tried later to login using the new account "developer" with
the
>  "12345" password, Continuum displayed the following message:
>
>  . You have entered an incorrect username and/or password.
>
>  I logged again as an administrator and double checked everything, and
>  tried it again, but I'm still keep getting the same result?
>
>  What could be wrong?

Sorry.  It's a known issue with the version of Redback that Continuum
1.1 uses.  The easiest thing to do is click 'Resend Validation' and
click the link in the email, which will validate the account.  You can
also turn off the requirement for email validation altogether in
security.properties.

>  Also, is there is a way where I can stop Continuum from prompting for
>  user\password to view the build output? When the build is done and
the
>  email is sent, we'd like to be able to view the build output results
by
>  going direct to the build result screen bypassing Continuum prompt
for
>  the user and password values.

Grant the project group user role to the 'guest' user, and it will
stop prompting for a login.

--
Wendy

Re: How to successfully add users?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

RE: I'm not able to delete a group?

Posted by "Tawfik, Sameh E" <Sa...@fairisaac.com>.
Thank you Wendy.

   Sameh

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

I'm not able to delete a group?

Posted by "Tawfik, Sameh E" <Sa...@fairisaac.com>.

I'm stuck right now, I'm trying to delete a group and recreate it, but
when I click on Show Project Groups followed by clicking on a specific
group from the group list, and click on "Delete Group" the following is
displayed:

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Which folder Continuum uses to
save all the projects information? If I need to reset Continuum which
files needs to be removed?

Error Occurred:

javax.jdo.JDOUserException: One or more instances could not be deleted
NestedThrowables: javax.jdo.JDODataStoreException: Delete request
failed: DELETE FROM PROJECTDEPENDENCY WHERE PROJECTDEPENDENCY_ID=?
NestedThrowables: SQL Exception: DELETE on table 'PROJECTDEPENDENCY'
caused a violation of foreign key constraint 'PROJECT_FK3' for key
(5163). The statement has been rolled back.

Show/hide Stack Trace:

javax.jdo.JDOUserException: One or more instances could not be deleted
	at
org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.deletePersistentAll(AbstractPersiste
nceManager.java:1525)
	at
org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.deletePersistentAll(AbstractPersiste
nceManager.java:1498)
	at
org.jpox.store.rdbms.scostore.FKListStore.clear(FKListStore.java:1137)
	at
org.jpox.store.mapping.CollectionMapping.deleteDependent(CollectionMappi
ng.java:334)
	at
org.jpox.store.rdbms.table.ClassTable.deleteDependent(ClassTable.java:26
51)
	at
org.jpox.store.StoreManager.deleteDependent(StoreManager.java:1019)
	at
org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.deletePersistent(StateManagerImpl.java:4
405)
	at
org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.internalDeletePersistent(AbstractPer
sistenceManager.java:1473)
	at
org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.deletePersistent(AbstractPersistence
Manager.java:1489)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.jdo.PlexusJdoUtils.removeObject(PlexusJdoUtils.java:
121)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.store.JdoContinuumStore.removeObject(JdoConti
nuumStore.java:1906)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.store.JdoContinuumStore.removeBuildResult(Jdo
ContinuumStore.java:600)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.DefaultContinuum.removeProject(DefaultContinu
um.java:719)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.web.action.ProjectsListAction.remove(Projects
ListAction.java:95)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.web.action.ProjectsListAction.execute(Project
sListAction.java:67)
	at
a:39)
	at
Impl.java:25)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invokeAction(DefaultActio
nInvocation.java:358)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invokeActionOnly(DefaultA
ctionInvocation.java:218)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:192)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.xwork.interceptor.PlexusReleaseComponentInterceptor.
intercept(PlexusReleaseComponentInterceptor.java:69)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:190)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.doIntercep
t(DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.java:175)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(Met
hodFilterInterceptor.java:86)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:190)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.validator.ValidationInterceptor.doIntercept(Valid
ationInterceptor.java:115)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(Met
hodFilterInterceptor.java:86)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:190)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.web.interceptor.ForceContinuumConfigurationIn
terceptor.intercept(ForceContinuumConfigurationInterceptor.java:72)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:190)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.PolicyEnforcementIntercept
or.intercept(PolicyEnforcementInterceptor.java:149)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:190)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.SecureActionInterceptor.in
tercept(SecureActionInterceptor.java:178)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:190)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.xwork.interceptor.ExceptionMappingInterceptor.interc
ept(ExceptionMappingInterceptor.java:58)
[...]
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInt
erceptor.java:31)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:190)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInt
erceptor.java:31)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:190)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInt
erceptor.java:31)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:190)
	at
com.opensymphony.webwork.interceptor.FileUploadInterceptor.intercept(Fil
eUploadInterceptor.java:174)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:190)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInt
erceptor.java:31)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:190)
	at
com.opensymphony.webwork.interceptor.debugging.DebuggingInterceptor.inte
rcept(DebuggingInterceptor.java:169)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:190)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInt
erceptor.java:31)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:190)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.I18nInterceptor.intercept(I18nInterce
ptor.java:151)
[...]
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.ExceptionMappingInterceptor.intercept
(ExceptionMappingInterceptor.java:186)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:190)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.AutoLoginInterceptor.inter
cept(AutoLoginInterceptor.java:156)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:190)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.ForceAdminUserInterceptor.
intercept(ForceAdminUserInterceptor.java:76)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:190)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.EnvironmentCheckIntercepto
r.intercept(EnvironmentCheckInterceptor.java:122)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:190)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionProxy.execute(DefaultActionProxy.jav
a:116)
	at
com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.DispatcherUtils.serviceAction(Dispat
cherUtils.java:273)
	at
com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(FilterDisp
atcher.java:202)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(Web
ApplicationHandler.java:821)
	at
com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.
java:118)
	at
com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.j
ava:52)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(Web
ApplicationHandler.java:821)
	at
com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.ActionContextCleanUp.doFilter(Action
ContextCleanUp.java:88)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(Web
ApplicationHandler.java:821)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicationH
andler.java:471)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:568)
	at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1530)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(WebApplicationCon
text.java:633)
	at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1482)
	at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:816)
	at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:982)
	at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:833)
	at
org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:244
)
	at
org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:357)
	at
org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:534)
NestedThrowablesStackTrace:
javax.jdo.JDODataStoreException: Delete request failed: DELETE FROM
PROJECTDEPENDENCY WHERE PROJECTDEPENDENCY_ID=?
	at
org.jpox.store.rdbms.request.DeleteRequest.execute(DeleteRequest.java:28
8)
	at
org.jpox.store.rdbms.table.ClassTable.delete(ClassTable.java:2611)
	at org.jpox.store.StoreManager.delete(StoreManager.java:981)
	at
org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.internalDeletePersistent(StateManagerImp
l.java:4468)
	at
org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.deletePersistent(StateManagerImpl.java:4
423)
	at
org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.internalDeletePersistent(AbstractPer
sistenceManager.java:1473)
	at
org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.deletePersistentAll(AbstractPersiste
nceManager.java:1516)
[...]
ERROR 23503: DELETE on table 'PROJECTDEPENDENCY' caused a violation of
foreign key constraint 'PROJECT_FK3' for key (5163).  The statement has
been rolled back.
	at
org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.ReferencedKeyRIChecker.doCheck(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.RISetChecker.doPKCheck(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.DeleteResultSet.collectAffectedRows(Un
known Source)
	at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.DeleteResultSet.open(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.execute(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeStatement(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeStatement(Unkno
wn Source)
	at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Delega
tingPreparedStatement.java:101)
	at
org.jpox.store.rdbms.RDBMSManager.executeStatementUpdate(RDBMSManager.ja
va:572)
	at
org.jpox.store.rdbms.request.DeleteRequest.execute(DeleteRequest.java:27