Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by zhangcheng <zh...@jike.com> on 2012/05/14 04:09:35 UTC

how to upgrade my cassadra from SizeTieredCompaction to LeveledCompactiom

There is 2T data on each server. Can someone give me some advice?

Thanks.

Re: Re: how to upgrade my cassadra from SizeTieredCompaction to LeveledCompactiom

Posted by Zhu Han <sc...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 10:34 AM, zhangcheng <zh...@jike.com> wrote:

> thanks, Edward.
>
> In my test, when I changed to leveled strategy, the compaction can't
> finish for the reason that we have 700G new data every day!
>
> what can I do if I want to save the comapction space?

For so big dataset, you may trigger the manual compaction periodically as
long as there is not much deletions.

Putting several TB data to a single data requires much computing and IO
power to serve the read request or compaction.

Posted by Zhu Han <ha...@nutstore.net>.

Posted by zhangcheng <zh...@jike.com>.
thanks, Edward.

From: Edward Capriolo