Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/13 14:16:02 UTC

juli.OneLineFormatter: use US locale

Hi!

I would like to change OneLineFormatter to use US locale for its timestamp.

The timestamp format there is "dd-MMM-yyyy HH:mm:ss" and in my case
the month name is rendered in Cyrillic.

The SimpleDateFormat instances are created in
org.apache.juli.DateFormatCache$Cache, so it has to be changed there.

I think there is no need for it to be configurable the formatter (nor
I know how to make it configurable),
so I think that the locale in the Cache can be hardcoded as Locale.US.

Are there any objections?

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Re: juli.OneLineFormatter: use US locale

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2011/10/17 Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>:
> On 13.10.2011 14:16, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I would like to change OneLineFormatter to use US locale for its timestamp.
>>
>> The timestamp format there is "dd-MMM-yyyy HH:mm:ss" and in my case
>> the month name is rendered in Cyrillic.
>>

>> The SimpleDateFormat instances are created in
>> org.apache.juli.DateFormatCache$Cache, so it has to be changed there.
>>
>> I think there is no need for it to be configurable the formatter (nor
>> I know how to make it configurable),
>> so I think that the locale in the Cache can be hardcoded as Locale.US.
>>
>> Are there any objections?
>
> Committed as r1185020 resp. r1185021.
>
> Hope that's what you had in mind.

Yes, it is. Thank you!

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 13.10.2011 14:16, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I would like to change OneLineFormatter to use US locale for its timestamp.
>
> The timestamp format there is "dd-MMM-yyyy HH:mm:ss" and in my case
> the month name is rendered in Cyrillic.
>

> The SimpleDateFormat instances are created in
> org.apache.juli.DateFormatCache$Cache, so it has to be changed there.
>
> I think there is no need for it to be configurable the formatter (nor
> I know how to make it configurable),
> so I think that the locale in the Cache can be hardcoded as Locale.US.
>
> Are there any objections?

Committed as r1185020 resp. r1185021.

Hope that's what you had in mind.

Regards,

Rainer

Re: juli.OneLineFormatter: use US locale

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 13.10.2011 14:16, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I would like to change OneLineFormatter to use US locale for its timestamp.
>
> The timestamp format there is "dd-MMM-yyyy HH:mm:ss" and in my case
> the month name is rendered in Cyrillic.
>

> The SimpleDateFormat instances are created in
> org.apache.juli.DateFormatCache$Cache, so it has to be changed there.
>
> I think there is no need for it to be configurable the formatter (nor
> I know how to make it configurable),
> so I think that the locale in the Cache can be hardcoded as Locale.US.
>
> Are there any objections?

Not from me.

Rainer