Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Chris Colman <ch...@stepaheadsoftware.com> on 2010/09/17 03:02:21 UTC

Ajax "Target"

I'm just wondering what the 'target' is in the term Ajax target. From my
desktop days I was lead to think that 'target' meant a specific
component but I'm not sure if that's what is intended in the Wicket
context.

In the wicket context what is the actual target? A JSON packet, the
browser? Something else?

There's some confusion about the whole target concept that my brain
would be much happier with if it knew what we were targeting :)

Re: Ajax "Target"

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
It might help to look at the hierarchy for AjaxRequestTarget.  Notice
that it implements IRequestTarget.  So, it's a request target, or the
target of a particular servlet/http request.