Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by David Kavanagh <da...@dotech.com> on 2006/01/09 15:54:53 UTC

Re: [Cocoon-Users] Re: Hibernate in Cocoon

FWIW, You can probably get more mileage out of a transformer. That way,
you can pass config information into it via the pipeline, which would
allow you to configure it via request params more easily. I've bene this
route with Excel input and ended up with a transformer because it was a
lot more flexible. Imagine, you can also throw it anyplace in your
pipeline and have it operate on just the namespace it uses. (I'm sure
others have said it better...)

However, in my case (and after looking at the cocoon-hibernate
tutorial), we've decided to bypass cocoon in favor of our own SQL
Transformer (which is quite a bit different and more advanced than the
stanard cocoon one). We just didn't need the caching and lazy loading
that hibernate would have provided. We need to drive an AJAX tree view
of a tree data structure.

David

Thus Spoke Beat De Martin:

Posted by Irv Salisbury <ir...@gmail.com>.
>From what I have seen, the typical way people have used Hibernate is the
following:

1. Javaflow or flowscript gets the initial call
2. All the request parameters, etc are all dealt with in flow
3. Hibernate is used from within flow to deal with the business request
4. When the request is processed, java objects representing the result are
passed to the jxtemplate generator
5. Normal cocoon pipeline processing (jxtg, xsl, etc) are used to send final
result

Irv