Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Chris Shenton <Ch...@hq.nasa.gov> on 2001/11/21 19:09:41 UTC

Printable layout of docs: HowTo, Services, ...?

Newbie wants to print and read docs on the road, but the layout used
on the web has a wide left nav bar, causing printed docs to have the
right side truncated.

The VelocitySite HowTo talks about printable layouts, so I'm surprised
not to see them on the Turbine site itself.  Am I just missing
something? Other suggestions?

Thanks.

Re: Printable layout of docs: HowTo, Services, ...?

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Chris Shenton <Ch...@hq.nasa.gov> writes:

> Newbie wants to print and read docs on the road, but the layout used
> on the web has a wide left nav bar, causing printed docs to have the
> right side truncated.
>
> The VelocitySite HowTo talks about printable layouts, so I'm surprised
> not to see them on the Turbine site itself.  Am I just missing
> something? Other suggestions?

You can grab the jakarta-site2 and jakarta-turbine-site modules from
CVS, modify the site.vsl file (the Anakia equivalent of a XSL style
sheet) to leave off the left nav, and regenerate the HTML
documentation from the XML.

Alternately, you could use a XML browser to read the XML version of
the documentation.